Welcome to the Aerospike Standup. Here are some highlights:
We released Aerospike Database 6.2 with support for 64-bit ARM processors compatible with the ARMv8.2-A instruction set (Neoverse N1 microarchitecture), such as AWS Graviton2 processors. This augments support for 64-bit Intel/AMD processors compatible with x86-64-v2 microarchitectures.
- Check out the blog post Aerospike Database 6.2 on Graviton: another step in providing the best cost-performance ratio.
- Aerolab, the Lab tool for spinning up Aerospike development and testing clusters on Docker or in AWS, now supports the M1 Mac processor with 6.2!
- Note the breaking changes in Server 6.2: Debian 9 support is removed, and the ARM64 version does not support LuaJit. Follow the link in the Releases section for the release notes.
See below for details on the last month's blog posts, releases, and questions from the community, as well as upcoming events.
New Blog Posts
- Accelerating SQL on Aerospike by Neel Phadnis describes SQL access to Aerospike data using Trino, and the possiblity to expand fast analytics data.
- Aerospike & IoT using MQTT by Ken Tune discusses how to achieve end-to-end data flow between a small device and Aerospike, with the data stored as queryable time series.
- The REST Gateway 2.0 Gets a Re-Model (formerly, the REST Client) by Jesse Schmidt describes a major overhaul of the REST client including support for Aerospike Database server 6.0 and server 6.1 features, as well as complete retooling of the Operations API.
- Block and Filesystem side-by-side with K8s and Aerospike by Naresh Maharaj describes how to use block and filesystem requests with Kubernetes in the context of deploying Aerospike in all-flash mode.
- Database 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
- Java Client 6.1.4, 6.1.3, 6.1.2, 6.1.1
- C# Client 5.3.0, 5.2.3, 5.2.2, 5.2.1, 5.2.0
- Python Client 8.0.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.0
- Go Client 6.6.0, 6.4.0, 6.3.0, 6.2.1, 5.10.0
- Node.js Client 5.1.1, 5.0.3
- C Client 6.2.1, 6.2.0, 6.1.2, 6.1.1
- Ruby Client 2.25.0, 2.24.0, 2.23.0, 2.22.0
- Document API (Java) 1.2.0, 1.1.3, 1.1.2, 1.1.1, 1.1.0, 0.5.0
- Reactive Java Client 6.1.0
- Connect for Kafka - Inbound 2.2.2
- Connect for Kafka - Outbound 5.0.1
- Connect for Spark 3.5.3
- Prometheus Exporter 1.9.0
- Tools 8.0.2, 8.0.1, 7.3.1, 7.2.1, 7.2.0, 7.1.1
- Shared-Memory Tool (ASMT) 1.2.0
- Certification Tool (ACT) 6.3
Questions from the Community
- Retriving BLOB from aerospike
- SISSEGV error causing downtime of application
- Puts causing memory issues
- Batch write operation to replace the whole record
- Aerospike REST gateway, failed build with an exception
- Multiple cluster nodes is showing cluster timeout
- SIGSEGV received Crash : 22.214.171.124 CE on os e17
- M1 development server (AER-6556)
- Aerospike on ARM (AER-6556)
- __setDR: Assertion `!"setDR ERROR"' failed
- Does Aerospike supports ARM?
- ARMv8 - Cavium ThunderX(2)
- Rolling restarts without Quiesce and "fail_key_busy" - Corelation or causation?
- Aerospike batch requests performance tuning
- Aerospike Cluster goes down - FAILED ASSERTION (particle): (particle_map.c:857) map_asval_to_wire() sz -1 failed to serialize
- Aerospike for geospatial indexing and real-time location updates