Welcome to the Aerospike Standup. Here are some highlights:
Come and learn in New York on 23 August 2022 How to Get Unlimited Scale with Real-Time SLAs From Your Rich Database Apps from Srini Srinivasan, Founder and CTO of Aerospike, at SQL NYC, The NoSQL & NewSQL Database Big Data Meetup. Register now!
Join PhonePe and Aerospike on 26 August 2022 in Bengaulru, India, for an exclusive developer meetup! Learn from PhonePe architects how to manage a large number of clusters, and get performance tips from an Aerospike expert for real-time applications. Register now!
We released Aerospike Database 184.108.40.206, which contains a few fixes. It is important to note that when upgrading to server version 6.0, you must either trim or wipe (zeroize) the Aerospike header on the devices, because a modified record storage format was introduced by AER-6513, which adds protection against partially written records during an unclean shutdown. Other changes of note include the truncate privilege is now a separate privilege and is no longer under write, and the previously deprecated Predicate Expression API has been removed.
Initial General Availability of Aerospike SQL Powered by Starburst release 1.0.0 was announced. It supports Starburst Enterprise Platform using the Aerospike Connect for Presto-Trino connector.
The blog post A Quick Orientation to Aerospike API provides a high level view of the Aerospike architecture and API with the goal of helping developers become more productive and effective.
See below for details on the last month's blog posts, releases, and questions from the community, as well as upcoming events.
- On 23 August 2022 in New York, at the SQL NYC, The NoSQL & NewSQL Database Big Data Meetup, Srini Srinivasan, Founder and CTO of Aerospike, will share lessons learned over a decade of deploying and operating a variety of real-time applications on Aerospike at both the edge and core of the enterprise. Register now!
- On 26 August 2022 in Bengaluru, India, join PhonePe and Aerospike for an exclusive developer meetup! Learn from expert PhonePe architects how to manage a large number of clusters. Additionally, an Aerospike expert will share lessons on a performance-oriented approach to solve real-time application challenges. Register now!
New Blog Posts
- A Quick Orientation to Aerospike API by Neel Phadnis
- Database 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
- Java Client 6.1.0
- C# Client 5.2.0
- Go Client 6.2.1
- Node.js Client 5.0.3, 4.0.5
- C Client 6.1.1
- Ruby Client 2.22.0
- Reactive Java Client 6.1.0
- Spring Data 3.4.1
- Connect for Spark 3.5.0, 3.4.2, 2.9.0
- SQL Powered by Starburst 1.0.0
- Connect XDR-Proxy 2.1.0
- Monitoring Stack 2.1.0
- Prometheus Exporter 1.7.0
Questions From the Community
- Python pagination
- CustomConversions and setDefaultNameSpace in AS client 5.1.11
- SIGSEGV received Crash : 126.96.36.199 CE on os e17
- Using Aerospike for large scale instant messaging app
- Developer access for production systems
- Asinfo in v4 vs v5
- Does "max-thoughput" have a default of 0 for unlimited
- Why insert/put within loop insert only 1 row?
- Is it possible to query object and all dependencies in 1 query?
- Operate fails when WritePolicy has a Condition
- How to monitor operations on a per set level in aerospike?
- Not able to set priority in ScanPolicy in AS client 5.1.11
- Inexperienced user with a question about installations on k8s
- M1 development server
- C# Document API
- Support for C# collection types
- Fabric and Heartbeat on diffrent NIC
- Connectivity issue with different Aerospike enterprise versions via AS client 5.1.11
- Asrestore to the other side of the planet.. some observations
- Aerospike connector for presto
- Adding a new node does not decrease the system memory usage
- Aerospike in-memory DB uses much memory than expected
- Replacement for xdr_ship_bytes metric post Aerospike 5.0?
- Nodes in different clusters on the same subnet with mesh configuration form ONE cluster
- ConnectionError: (-10L, 'Socket read error: 104, :3000, 35382', 'src/main/aerospike/as_socket.c', 248, False)